ADHD often disrupts family life. Compound those disruptive patterns with the pressures of COVID-19, and you may find parenting wildly stressful and overwhelming, which in turn affects your child's behavior. None of us are at our best when we’re tapped out. Your parenting approach could make all the difference in the world during a tense situation. Is mindful parenting the right approach for your family’s needs? Could it improve your parenting skills?
Board-certified ADHD and executive function coach Pat Hudak is the president-elect of CHADD’s board of directors. She gives us insight into the power of mindful parenting and shares useful techniques that families can incorporate in daily life to achieve positive outcomes.
- Gain an understanding of the components of mindful parenting.
- Learn strategies for improving mindful communication and listening skills.
- Understand how co-occurring conditions may affect teenagers.
- Get suggestions parents can use while sheltering at home with children.
- Learn how to have mindful and meaningful conversations with children and teens.